LIVE ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
On May 4th, 2023 U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) announced that employers will have 30 days to comply with Form I-9 employment eligibility verification physical document examination requirements when COVID-19 flexibility end on July 31, 2023.
There will be no more extensions! Employers will have 30 days to review all the documents used during the Covid pandemic flexibility decision on March 20, 2020.
While the emergency COVID-19-related I-9 flexibility is ending, DHS is still considering alternative procedures for examining I-9 documents. On August 18, 2022, DHS issued a proposed rule on this topic and is reviewing all the comments it received.
- Learn what other requirements are part of the decision.
- Learn the best practice when reviewing documents before the August 30, 2023, Deadline.
- How the required Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) by the DHS can help create more flexibility in the future.
- Learn that you must still have a remote policy as part of the requirements.
- Learn how to conduct an internal audit to make the change easier.
- Learn how to properly use the “Additional Information Field” when reviewing documents.
- Learn how to review documents if they differ from the original IDs.
- Learn how to review IDs to meet requirements.
- Learn if the hybrid workforce is eligible for the requirements.
- What are the options employers have to review documents remotely?
- Whether using a notary will assist employers with reviewing IDs
- Learn how training of staff will be critical to meet the requirements.
Why You Should Attend:
For at least a year, DHS and immigration attorneys have been encouraging employers to use the temporary flexibility to prepare for the end of that program. On May 1, 2023, the White House announced that the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency would end on May 11, 2023, thus means that DHS has considered Normal Operations to be resumed. Now, with less than three months to go, all Employers must prepare for compliance.
Who Should Attend:
- All Employers
- All Employer Representatives
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Compliance professionals
- HR Professionals
- Employers in all industries
During the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question, and get a direct response from our expert speaker.
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address, in the next 2 -3 days once the webinar is accomplished.
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior-level human resource professional with over 15 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public, and Non-profit sectors.