RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
- The ability to defer payment on employer-side Social Security taxes.
- A tax credit for employers who meet the requirements for the Employee Retention Credit.
- A tax credit for paying mandatory sick leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- New form 941 of Quarterly payroll filings, to account for these deferrals and credits
- A new form called Form 7200 can be used for claiming advance payments on the tax credits for qualified sick leave wages, qualified family wages, and employee retention credits
- We will talk about how all of these provisions and forms tie together. We will also discuss how Payroll Protection Program (PPP) loans enter into the mix on this.
- To review payroll-related COVID-19 relief provisions: deferral of Social Security tax, the ERC, and tax credits under the FFCRA.
- To recall revisions to Form 941.
- To determine how to claim credit in Families First Coronavirus Response Act for qualified sick leave wages, and qualified family leaves wages.
- To describe how a PPP loan ties into all of this.
- To discuss how deferral of employer-side Social Security tax works.
Why You Should Attend:
The IRS recently released a new version of Form 941 for the second quarter of 2022. This revised form will account for COVID-19-related tax credits, including the employee retention credit (ERC) and tax credits under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. We will cover the new Form 7200 for claiming advance payment of the tax credits, and how to reconcile on Form 941. This course will also review the ERC and FFCRA credits, as well as the ability to defer employer-side Social Security taxes. We will tie everything together with a case study that includes filling out forms.
Who Should Attend:
- Accounting Firm
- California Registered Tax Professional
- Certified Financial Planner
- Certified Payroll Manager
- CPA – Large Firm
- CPA – Mid Size Firm
- CPA – Small Firm
- Enrolled Agent
- HR Professionals
- Human Resources Manager
- Maryland Tax Preparers
- Oregon Tax Preparers
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner
- Tax Accountant (Industry)
- Tax Director (Industry)
- Tax Firm
- Tax Managers
- Tax Practitioners
- Tax Preparer
- Tax Pros
- Young CPA
Jason Dinesen, LPA, EA is the President of Dinesen Tax & Accounting, P.C., a public accounting firm in Indianola, Iowa. His practice focuses on tax and accounting services for small businesses and individuals. Dinesen has extensive experience working with a third-party administrator of retirement plans and is a prior presenter of multiple 1099 seminars.