LIVE ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
1.5 CEUs HRCI | 1.5 PDCs SHRM APPROVED
This webinar examines what the requirements are to correctly classify a worker as an independent contractor and also the requirements for when a worker must be classified as an employee.
- What classifications of workers are permitted under IRS Rules
- What is the common law rule and how is it used to determine worker status
- What are the three factors the IRS uses to determine worker status and how to apply them correctly
- How the FLSA rules differ from the IRS rules and why you must follow both
- How does the state trump both the IRS and the FLSA on determining independent contractor status with the ABC test for SUI
- What are the latest agreements or programs being used by the IRS, DOL, and the states to “find” misclassified employees
- Using the Form SS-8 to your advantage to determine worker status
- Who gets a W-2 and who gets a 1099 and why it should never be the same worker
- Find out how easily a 1099 audit can be triggered and why the chances of getting one are on the rise
- What are the penalties for misclassifying an employee as an independent contractor and who assesses them? It’s not just the IRS you have to worry about.
- You found out you have a misclassified employee-now what?
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Executives/Managers/Administrators/Professionals/Practitioners/Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/Managers/Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/Executive Officers/Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues
During the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question, and get a direct response from our expert speaker.
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address, in the next 2 -3 days once the webinar is accomplished.
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training. The company’s website www.thepayrolladvisor.com offers a payroll news service that keeps payroll professionals up-to-date on the latest rules and regulations.
With over 35 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today.