RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
This webinar will go into detail that employers face when paying terminated associates.
And will review everything to final pay to stock options and payments to employees that may occur years after their termination.
Along with reviewing the difficult situation when you have to pay terminated employee’s legal settlements. Will also cover the tax implications and how to handle taxes and several different types of termination pay.
- Review of different types of term pay from vacation pay to golden parachute payments
- Discussion around Stock options and Deferred compensation after termination
- Taxation concerns regarding payments made to terminated employees
- Timing of final pay for terminated employees including state law requirements
- Year-end concerns
- Discussion around death payments paying and reporting
- How to handle legal settlements
- Record Retention Concerns
- Best Practices
Why You Should Attend:
Because of the complexity of payments and laws in several states protesting terminated employees. It is important for payroll to understand these laws to ensure compliance.
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Tax Professionals
- Finance Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- Benefits Professionals
- Senior HR Professionals
- HR Managers & Directors
- HR Personnel
- Team Leaders
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Dayna is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc.