RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
Garnishments are a prerequisite of doing business and having employees but changing the necessities of different types of garnishments and federal and state laws can be exhausting. This program will give you the instructions and tools to know how to stay compliant and process garnishments accordingly.
Join this webinar by expert speaker Vicki Lambert, will discuss about all the recent updates to Garnishment legislation due to the COVID-19 epidemic that includes what garnishments should be stopped what should continue etc. Along with disputes and risks employers hold when not properly handling garnishments. Vicki will review the influence to garnishments due to the recent tax reform.
- Better understanding the employer responsibilities
- How to properly calculate Garnishment deductions? According to the law or the order or a little bit of both?
- Review of lump-sum reporting requirements and how to comply
- Proper order of garnishment priority when an employer receives multiple orders.
- How to determine which law to follow state or federal?
- Understanding the CARES act and how it affects student loan garnishments
- What is the IRS saying about federal tax levies during the COVID-19 national emergency
Area Covered in this session:
- Child Support Review
- Employer Responsibility/Employee Protections
- The priority of Withholding/Multiple Orders
- Child Support withholding requirements
- Defining Income/Calculating disposable pay
- Lump-Sum Payments
- Calculating Child Support Payments
- When to remit payments
- Administrative fees
- Handling terminated employees
- E-IWO (electronic income withholding orders)Other Child Support Concerns
- Medical Support Orders
- Details of State Requirements
- Levy Review
- Federal Tax Levies
- Calculating deductions
- Special Situations
- Remittance Requirements
- Voluntary Deductions
- Other Federal Garnishments/CARES Act
- State Tax Levies
- State Laws
- Credit or Garnishments
Wh0 Should Attend:
- Payroll Executives/Managers/Administrators/Professionals/Practitioners/Entry Level Personnel
- Accountant/CPA/Tax Professional
- Human Resources Executives/Managers/Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/Executive Officers/Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues
Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar).
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training. The company’s website www.thepayrolladvisorcom offers a payroll news service which keeps payroll professionals up-to-date on the latest rules and regulations.
With 40 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over three decades as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today.