RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
Are you confident your organization is in full compliance with Federal immigration laws, or are you at risk for being assessed costly fines, or worse, for potential violations?
In an effort to control illegal immigration, in 1986 Congress passed the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA). The IRCA was enacted to legalize approximately three million undocumented immigrants, while at the same time, attempted to deter future undocumented immigration. In order to be in compliance with IRCA’s directives, all U.S. employers must complete a Form I-9 for each employee hired after November 6, 1986.
It is a violation of Federal immigration law for any employer to knowingly hire employees who are not authorized to work in the United States. The Federal Form I-9: Employment Eligibility Verification, is used by employers as a record of their basis for determining the eligibility of an employee to work in the U.S. The form is maintained by the employer and made available upon request for inspection by officials of the Department of Homeland Security, The Department of Labor, and the Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices.
- What is Form I-9 and who must comply?
- Changes to Form I-9 in 2022
- Exceptions for completing and retaining Forms I-9
- Employer and employee responsibilities when completing Form I-9
- Common Form I-9 errors
- Procedures for correcting errors & omissions
- Form I-9 retention rules
- Form I-9 Internal and External Audits
- Levels of violations
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Audits
- Inspection Notices
- Consequences of non-compliance
- E-Verify system
- I-9 and E-Verify: Know the difference
- E-Verify rules & procedures
- States with current E-Verify laws
- E-Verify self-audits: Key steps
Why You Should Attend:
Participants in this webinar will learn how to properly complete form I9s, conduct internal audits of their I9s, the proper procedures for correcting errors & omissions, retention rules, and insights on how to prepare and what to do when ICE auditor comes knocking at your door.
Who Should Attend:
- HR Directors/ Manager/ VP
- Payroll & Benefits Professionals
- CPA’s & Accountants
- HR Compliance Professionals
- Compensation Directors/ Managers/ Analyst
- Healthcare Directors/Managers
- Senior Management
- Human Resources Professionals
- Recruiting Professionals
- Operations Managers
- Managers & Supervisors
- All Employers
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Diane L. Dee, President, and Founder of Advantage HR Consulting, LLC is a senior Human Resources professional with over 30 years of experience in the HR arena. Diane’s background includes experience in HR consulting, training, and administration in corporate, government, consulting, and pro bono environments.