LIVE ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), commonly referred to as the Wage and Hour Act, was passed in 1938 and since then has been amended many times. The major provisions of the FLSA are concerned with minimum wage rates and overtime payments, child labor, and equal rights. The US Department of Labor, Wage & Hour Division, oversees federal labor laws. Additionally, State DOLs administer state labor laws. Failure to comply with Wage & Hour laws may result in the employer paying the employee back wages, damages, penalties, attorney fees and court costs, plus the prospect of civil and criminal penalties from federal and/or state governments. Therefore, Wage & Hour compliance is of the utmost importance.
- What is the Fair Labor Standards Act?
- Anticipated changes to salary levels in 2024 (Overtime thresholds)
- DOL’s final ruling on independent contractor classification effective 3/11/2024
- Federal & State minimum wage proposals
- Tests used to determine if an employee is exempt from FLSA
- Importance of determining the primary duty of a job
- The six FLSA exemptions
- Exempt vs. Non-Exempt status
- Salary Level and Salary Basis tests
- Determining when to pay overtime
- Calculating overtime pay
- Minimum wage provisions under FLSA
- Equal pay provisions under FLSA
- Child labor regulations
- Recordkeeping requirements
- Repercussions of FLSA non-compliance
Why You Should Attend:
This webinar will lay the groundwork for determining whether your employees are properly classified as Exempt or Non-exempt and ensuring that wage and hour laws are being followed properly. Additionally, proposed changes to the overtime thresholds will be discussed as these changes are expected in early 2024.
Who Should Attend:
- Human Resources Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Managers & Supervisors
During the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question, and get a direct response from our expert speaker.
Note: Those who register either for the “Recorded class” or the “E-transcript” will get access to the recorded class 24 hours after and within 48 hours of the live event.
Diane L. Dee, President of Advantage HR Consulting, LLC has over 25 years of experience in the Human Resources arena. Diane’s background includes experience in Human Resources consulting and administration in corporate, government, consulting, and pro bono environments.