RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
1 CEU HRCI | 1 PDC SHRM APPROVED
The importance of the Form W-4 is fundamental to the payroll department. It is the foundation for the taxation of an employee’s paycheck as well as a required IRS Form. Failure to handle the Form correctly and completely can open the door to serious problems not only in properly withholding from the employee’s gross wages but could extend beyond the regulations and affect payroll customer service or employee morale. It can also lead to costly expenditures of time and budget resources to correct non-compliance consequences.
The IRS has released the 2022 Publication 15-T, Federal Income Tax Withholding Methods. This Webinar describes how to figure federal income tax withholding using the percentage and wage bracket methods and describes alternative methods for figuring withholding. This Webinar also explains how to withhold income tax based on pre-2020 Forms W-4 and 2020 or later Forms W-4.
- Review of the latest draft Form W-4 for 2022
- Review of the employer instructions and publication 15-T
- Examples of calculating income tax withholding
- Discussion of how to handle calculating income tax withholding using prior versions of the Form
- How to use the new Form W-4 including the various new tables
- To understand the employer instructions in publication 15-T
- Discover the various methods of calculating income tax withholding using current and prior year Forms W-4.
Why You Should Attend:
- W-4 Requirements
- Electronic W-4’s
- Completing the Form W-4
- Invalid Form W-4
- Exempt W-4 Processing
- W-4P & W-4S Forms
- Other W-4 guidance
- Lock in letters
- Substitute W-4
- Non Resident Alien W-4 Processing
- 2022 Changes and updates
Who Should Attend:
- Business owners
- Senior Managers
- All managers
- R. Professionals at all levels
- In—House Counsel
- Leave Administrators
- Benefits Administrators
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Dayna Reum, CPP, FPC is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. She has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, She moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc.