LIVE ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
Garnishments are a requirement of doing business and having employees but juggling the requirements of different types of garnishments along with the federal and state laws can be exhausting. This webinar will give you the tips and tools to know how to stay compliant and process garnishments. We will talk about all the recent updates to Garnishment legislation due to the COVID-19 pandemic that includes what garnishments should be stopped what should continue etc. Along with challenges and risks employers hold when not properly handling garnishments. We will also review the impact of garnishments due to the recent tax reform accordingly.
- Child Support Review
- Employer Responsibility/Employee Protections
- Priority of Withholding/Multiple Orders
- Child Support withholding requirements
- Defining Income/Calculating disposable pay
- Lump Sum Payments
- Calculating Child Support Payments
- When to remit payments
- Administrative fees
- Handling terminated employees
- E-IWO (electronic income withholding orders)
- Other Child Support Concerns
- Medical Support Orders
- Details of State Requirements
- Federal Tax Levies
- Calculating deductions
- Special Situations
- Remittance Requirements
- Voluntary Deductions
- Other Federal Garnishments
- State Tax Levies
- State Laws
- Creditor Garnishments
Why You Should Attend:
This webinar with payroll expert, Dayna J. Reum, CPP, FPC, will give you the tips and tools to know how to stay compliant and process garnishments according to the law and in the best interest of the business.
Also cover recent updates to garnishment legislation and challenges and risks employers face due to improper handling of garnishments. We will also review the impact of the recent tax reform on garnishments.
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Tax Professionals
- Finance Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- Benefits Professionals
- Senior HR Professionals,
- HR Managers & Directors,
- HR Personnel,
- Team Leaders
Other Benefits From This Webinar
- Better understanding of employer responsibilities
- How to properly calculate garnishment deductions?
- Review of lump sum reporting requirements and how to comply
- Proper order of garnishment priority when an employer receives multiple orders
- How to determine which law to follow, state or federal?
During the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question, and get a direct response from our expert speaker.
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address, in the next 2 -3 days once the webinar is accomplished.
Dayna is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc.